I've just recieved a mail from an Irish family in Wexford who needs an au pair in September. I applied to them almost a month ago, they called me and I said I'd think about it and then mail them and say if I wanted to go or not. I did so and said yes, I wanted to come and do some au pairing for them. They answered that they would call me in a day or two to tell me what their decision would be. They had an other girl in mind too. I didn't hear from them in more than a week and so lost hope.
Now when I found a mail from them in my mailbox I thought it was to tell me that they'd decided to go for the other girl. But when I opened the mail and read it I realized that they wanted the number to my previous family which is- by far- a good sign. The thing is that I'm not sure if the numbers I have are still in use and the very thought of calling them and see where I end up freaks me out! There are three possible out-comes of calling the numbers: 1) A family member answers and I get to talk to people I sort of know, 2 and not so probable) someone else have the number these days and I can apologize for making a wrong call or 3) I get a message that the number is no longer in use...
So what am I afraid of? Why is the phone so dangerous? Why do I not want to speak to people I lived with for six months as a family member?
The phone is dangerous because the sound qualitys are sometimes not so good and I have problems hearing what people say anyways- I hate to say "what" and "sorry" over and over again.
People are scary in general no matter if I know them or not but it seems that known people scares me more than strangers. Why? Because they tend to ask questions about how I'm doing, what I'm doing and so on that I find to be unnerving of some reason. Maybe it's as simple as I'm afraid that my answers won't be good enough and they'll laugh behind my back. But I shouldn't care about things like that. I also find it boring and a waste of time to talk pleasentries which is an other popular thing to make conversation about- and I'm a little bit afraid that people will be offended if my aversion to that is showing and take it personally.
I'm just writing this in an attemt at achieving some courage to either call Brenda or sending her a textmessage...we'll see how it goes.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar