A kid in the States have done something very impressive http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_12387580. He’s only nine years old, a third-grader, but he organized a rally in favour of the gay-community and held a speach infront of a large number of people. I would say that he is a very brave kid, if I thought that was true but it’s not, is it? Bravery is for those who do things they would rather not because they know and fear the dangers of the action. This kid, Ethan McNamee, just did it because he think it was right and all the consequenses he seemed to appreciate was that people might have some “unkind” words to say about it. Bravery? I would call him naive. But impressive just the same, and it seems that even USA got some hope for the future in their young ones.
I know it’s stupid but all I can think is that when I was nine I had been accused of being a lesbian for the first time because I shared a toilet with a friend. I tried to shrug it off by saying that yes, I’m lisping...after a while my antagonist asked if I knew what a lesbian really was and of course I said that I did, but I wonder. I knew that something was suppose to be bad with lesbianity and that it had something to do with two girls in the same toilet but I couldn’t figure out what. And I could absolutely not understand what was so controversial about it. In a way I still can’t.
As I recall it I wasn’t confronted with homosexuality again until I was perhaps twelve years old. By then I somehow knew, at least, that it meant that two people with the same sex fell in love with each other. Two girl friends of mine were saying that homo-adoptions was not right to the children and so on, and though these two girls was of a leage one didn’t dispute I felt that I had to.
Homosexuality has always been as controversial to me as rain from rainclouds. I had always assumed that people fell in love with personalities and that sex and appearances always was secondary issues, or no issue at all, until I came aware of other people’s reactions to the homosexual phenomenon. That was quite astonnishing to me, and even to this day I’m sometimes surprised when people show discomfort or even disgust and aggression towards gay-people.
But sometimes I surprises myself even with this “ability”. Once or twice a person that I never once considered the sexual orientation of have come out as gay to me by casually outing a boyfriend or girlfriend as if they thought I already knew. When they have I gave no reaction at all as if, in fact, I did know. Only afterwards would I go; hey, he said boyfriend! And marvel at the fact that my brain apparently don’t give a damn.
This is why I wonder what’s so complicated about homosexuals having the same rights as heterosexual. Is there somekind of ransoning of rights? Will we use up all human rights if homosexuals are made equal? I actually don’t understand.
1 kommentar:
amen.
Skicka en kommentar