I'm a little disapointed actually. I was hoping for something more than pretty faces, adorable fairies and comical dwarfs alongside the all too evil stepmother/witch and boring seen-it-all-before battles. It's not worth going to the cinemas for, too bad I only found out while sittning there. When things were supposed to be exciteing I just felt bored. But still, it had something. I'm gonna get the DVD that's for sure, but no it wasn't great. Or maybe it's just my mood spoiling it for me.
I liked the angle with the huntsman though (I also liked the look of him though that's not relevant ;) It feels like it could've been something really great if they hadn't spoiled it all by not being able to decide if it's suppose to be a thriller or a comedy. Can't do both, but they sure tried and failed. Oh yeah, it's funny sometimes but I wasn't looking for funny. As an action thriller it would've been quite something. Now it was a half meassure mess. I mean, Stardust works great as a comedy and some stuff like the witch and her brother, the dwarfs and the fairies would fit right in there because they're comical. Too comical in contrast to a drunken huntsman grieving his dead wife, women carving tears to their faces so that the queen won't envy their beauty or even a queen driven mad from a harsh childhood. And the princess with her extraordinary gifts doesn't really need to do anything much and yet things go her way. I kind of felt like the characters saw things in and about each other and the plot that the audience never got to see which made it seem like they came to conclusions and solutions that there just weren't enough evidence for. Like where did that horse come from? Does the animals just know what she needs and gets there in perfect time? Nice. Why did that troll just walk away after looking into her eyes? Because she's so damn pure hearted that the beast didn't have it in him to kill her, or what? Great. What made that scar-faced woman realize that the huntsman had suffered a great loss? She just knows things, does she? Marvelous.
I don't mind filling in some gaps here and there- I mean it's fantasy after all- but there were just too many gaps. Too little meat on the bones though they somehow covered more than two hours. It's like they wanted to tell so much that they didn't have time for more than a summary. Especially when it came down to serious traumas that could've made a serious story they liked to trivialize it and laugh it off as if scared to touch. Too bad, so sad.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar