Went to town (Uppsala) to day. Shopping. Didn't by any clothes even though I tried some on which is unusual these days. It feels good not having to worry about money. Instead I bought ink for my printer since I'm working on my second and more realistic version of the transformation story. I've cut out big chunks of text and strangely enough I don't miss them but rather found a more digestable and readerfreindly story beneath my self-indulgent ramblings. Great! I've had some help with that and it won't go overlooked ;)
Then I went to my favourite store on earth: The english bookshop! Bought three books; one is a present so I won't tell about it, an other is a collection of short stories by Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm, they are two pseudonyms of the same person, or is it? The writer herself says that they are two different personalities with their own styles so they might as well be two different people too. I haven't read anything of Lindholm yet so I don't know how different they are but I can well imagine putting myself in a different mindset and so becoming somewhat of an other personality. Just switching language makes a huge difference to me. You get an other sound, like, and an other way of approaching things. Different moods should work the same. Then to the best purchase; the third part in a four part series by Robin Hobb that I'm currently reading. Much more interesting and well written than George R.R. Martin's series who also recently released a new part. A dance of Dragons, or something like that. Not at all as great a creation compaired to Hobb's books. Which is why Martin's books have become a HBO tv series and Hobb's hasn't. The really great novels can never be translated into good film, while the not so great but readable stuff can make great films. At least that's how I see it. Robin Hobb and Katherine Kerr are the best fantasy authors right now and should get more credit for it while authors like Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind and George R.R. Martin gets a lot more attention than they really deserve. But that's just my humble oppinion.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar