torsdag, november 08, 2012

A new home

It came up suddenly, like lightning from a clear blue sky. Or something. I've been talking about moving for a while though so I guess I shouldn't have been that surprised but I was. A collegue asked if I was interested in sharing a flat with her since it was too big for only one person. I gave it a quick thought and impulsivly said yes. My cabin is nice and I probably could've stayed there for a few years more even though the roof isn't fixed and it rains in to the attic, the water has even come dripping down from the lamp inside and pressed through in places in the ceiling. That was last year. I don't want to know how well the mold is doing in the attic...

So when I got an opportunity I decided to take it, if just for the time being so that I'd get out of there. Otherwise I might've stayed until mold was growing on me.

As usual I do things in the very last minute. I packed everything up in one day, drove back and forth on my own with a lot of it and then as a friend came over to help I rented a big, very big car, actually a small truck, to move my desk and bed and madrasses.

That evening my head was spinning and acheing from lack of food and water, I'd been at it all day and only stopped for two small hotdogs that was suppose to be my lunch. I was completely exhausted. My friend stayed with me the first night in the new home. The next day I had the jour at work.

I think I kept up a happy face to everyone but that evening was awful. I felt like a cranky child that should've been in bed hours ago; which was probably true. I also felt lost and disoriented because I knew that I've just moved all my stuff from one place to an other but when I longingly thought of my bed it was in the old place and the other felt foreign. I realized that it was a stupid idea to move when I was working at the same time bacause that way I had no time to digest and adapt to my new surroundings, no time at all to processe all impressions.

But Saturday after the jour I went back out there to clean the place up. And being the way I am I was intending to do it on my own too but luckily for me my friend from the other day knew this and invited herself. A good thing not only because I needed the help and didn't dare ask for it but also because she knew places to clean that I didn't even think about...that place has never been cleaner.

The only thing left to do now is to give back the keys.

Inga kommentarer: