I'm watching BBC's Sherlock (again) and I'm still in love with Benedict Cumberbatch's take on the character. Oh, how fun to meet someone like that in real life!
And then I remember that the people I've met with sociopathic or psychopathic tendencies in real life quite positively disgusts me- usually because they so easely charm people and trick them into doing anything for them without giving much back but barely contained scorn and contempt. And most people don't even notice they're being used.
Then I wonder if I'm any better myself? Most people seem to find me "sweet", "gentle", "kind" and other things like that and yet I don't feel like I am. I feel like Dr House hiding in the closet because nobody would like me if I came out.
Then I realize that's why these characters make such great TV; we're "all" wishing we could say what we think, speak the "truth" as it were, and not give a damn about how people feel about it (or rather; have people accept the truth and be fine with it). Wouldn't it be so liberating?
No, probably not. It's amusing on TV but in real life you probably won't have a loyal John Watson or Dr Wilson smoothing your way. You'll be alone, resented and resentful. Probably unemployed too, no matter your level of genius.
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar