I went to town today for my tattoo. I was about an hour early so I had time to buy my self a new pen, refills for my pencil, look for a suitable bag in case I need to buy a new one when I go home, and sit down in the sun writing a short story. I walked over to the studio about fifteen or twenty minutes early expecting to be let inside to have a look around but they opened eleven and at eleven I was let inside. Then I hade to wait maybe ten och fifteen minutes more because Tommy, the tattooer, had to make his stuff ready for me.
I was nervous, yes, but more excited and once I sat in the chair and he picked up the machine to start I was as calm as ever. He played good music and was singing from time to time, as was I. We didn’t talk much and it didn’t take long, only thirty to fourty minutes, but he was nice and he promised me a free refill anytime during the summer or autumn. The trip here will be expensive enough though. We’ll see. Linda will still be in the area so maybe I could come down visiting her, or Dar for that matter. It would be great to take a weekend for that or something.
My tattoo looks great even though it’s not as even as I might have wanted it but instead it looks like a blackmarker drawing and that is actually a good thing. It looks handmade and that gives it a sertain feeling of genuinity and simplicity that I like. Dar said that it looked like those childtattoos that one rubs onto the skin and that gives about the same feeling. I like it. Why not tattoo things that looks like marker drawings and doodles? Isn’t that quite relaxed and artistic? I think so.
I’m sorry but I do not have a picture on my tattoo yet but I’ll try to describe it. I drawed it myself and it’s basicly my starsign the Taurus made in a circle with bull horns and added to that the male arrow (or Marz), the female cross (or Venus) and also the arrowcross for all transexual persons. In my original idea I had drawn a skull inside the circle and on its left side written “ecce” and on the right “homo” which is latin and means “see the human” (ecce- see, homo- human). But I wasn’t sure about the lettering and I desided against the skull since I’m probably going to collect a few in my lifetime as it is. When it comes to the lettering I thought it might become too small and age in an ugly way so I desided to wait and see what it looked like without. I can always tattoo the letters later on.
I’m really happy now!
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar