Finally. I almost thought that I wouldn’t get to see it on the cinema since when I first checked with Rio in Ljusdal I couldn’t see any posters about it even comming up so I thought “oh well, they’re afraid the mob will come with hayforks and torches if they try to show it”. So instead I turned to Saga in Hudiksvall, got two of my cousins to come along but on the very night we were suppose to go we heard that the film hadn’t reached the cinema during the day so the show was canseled. Sigh, too bad I thought, and instead of the cinema I stayed for a while with my cousins and saw the new Hulk with Edward Norton as the green mean killing machine. I guess that wasn’t too bad as a consolation. I can’t say which one I prefer though, the old Hulk or the new (well, the old-old Hulk was charming in it’s way too). I hear that the new one is more like the comic but I wouldn’t know. I kind of like both versions, but I am very shallow when it comes to action, meaning I don’t need it to be realistic or have a great storyline, all I need is excitement and adrenaline.
Anyway, a couple a weeks ago it turned out that the cinema in Ljusdal, Rio, was indeed showing the film after all. I was wrong about them and glad I am for that. The film I’m talking about is of course Patrik 1,5. I bought the ticket for mum too, felt like I wanted to give her something. And she didn’t fall asleep as she thought she would. The film was actually really good. I liked it alot, though I never really doubted it. In my oppinion Swedes ain’t that bad at making romantic dramas and this one was great, but perhaps it was all because of the superb actors (at least the three on the top) rather than the script? No, sure Skarsgård is great but the script was not bad either. My mum and our neighbour that we saw it with thought that fifteen yearold Patrik was not ehough of a bad boy than he should given his childhood, but I don’t buy that. I don’t think that just because you’ve had a crappy childhood comming in and out from institutions and stuff doesn’t have to make you a jerk through and through. I rather think the opposit, that most “disturbed” and messy teenagers are just really hurt kids that can be straighten out with a few kind words and some stability and trust. But I might be too optimistic about that. Anyway the film was sure as hell not as overwhelmingly good as Brokeback Mountain but Patrik 1,5 is really fuckin’ cute and heartwarming in that typical Swedish “lagom” way. I’m gonna buy it just because of the sweetness in it. The sweetness that the rest of the audience in the cinema, mostly students in Patrik’s age, was giggling nervously over in the beginning of the film before they too could relax and just watch it like the grown-ups they think they are.
To morrow it my cousin’s baby turns six months and we’re going there to celebrate her. The father kind of thought it was a little bit ridicules to have a party for such a thing but mum talked them into it ;) And I don’t mind seeing Jessie once every other week or so, can’t wait til I can babysit her though I have to fight with my mum for the priviledge ^^
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar