tisdag, december 02, 2008

Christmas

While I was shopping tinders for my neighbour Sara called. We were suppose to share a flat next term and onward but now we're going separate ways after all. I wanted a flat i January, she couldn't then and so wanted one in Febuary and at a specific spot too so it didn't work out. It's sad but that's how things are at times. Now, thing was that I sugested to pay a full rent for January if she found a flat in time (which she didn't) and that would result in me not able to buy Christmas presents this year. Now when things turned out as they did it seems that I might get something cheaper to live in which in turn would make me able to buy those darn Christmas presents after all! Can I still pretend I don't have any money?

Tell me this; why do we celebrate Christmas with giving each other gifts? Because it's Jesus "birthday" and he got gifts from the three wise men? Or because we don't know how to appreaciate each other without them gifts? Or just to keep the "tradition" alive? Meet the family for once?

I don't know, I guess everyone has their own reasons but I feel that Chistmas is not that big a deal to me. I don't want people to give me presents just because they have to and I hate to feel that I must give something back. Why can't we just stick with a family get-to-gether? If someone feel like giving me something it should come from the heart and not a Christmas-psychosis and he or she is very welcome to give it to me anytime of the year. And I'd be happy to do the same. Please?

And just for the record, I don't like birthday presents either unless it's something someone think I really need like silverwear or plates, or a manners manual. A party's fine though, but no presents of the kind porcelain figures and dried flowers or whatever. But feel free to give needed stuff to me whenever ;)

Inga kommentarer: