måndag, juni 29, 2009

Back in town

I wish I could stay home for the summer but that's impossible since I've got to pretend I'm trying hard to find that job. Which I am but hard for me might not be hard enough for them. I've got several issues. Is it time to start using my chosen name yet, even though I'm no where near passing as a twenty-two-year-old guy? I hate using the name my parents gave me and in a year or two it'll be quite obvious that I'm not just an ordinary tomboy. If I got a job under my juridical name will I stick with it and come out to my coworkers when the hormones are kicking in or quit to find a new job? If I'm known as Gabriel and one of those scary sex-changers right from the start I don't need to come out but I'll probably get loads of too personal questions and strange stares. But perhaps I can take those. And it's not like I'm going to get my dream job right now so a few years of being a weirdo can't hurt, can it? No. I should see it as a test; how much can I take? But there are other problems too, like, what do I say to an employer to make myself attractive? How do I present myself? I'm not a boaster and I generally don't talk much about myself at all IRL, I'm raised to be modest and polite. But when one is looking for a job one has to be able to say good things about oneself like "I'm very good at doing this or that" and "I'm a conscientious worker" and so on which makes me really embarassed IRL. Also it feels like they're secretley laughing at me comming there begging for a job. And not only that; I'm not very good at expressing myself verbally at all and putting myself up for sale is slightly discomforting. I need a pimp.

1 kommentar:

Yeonni sa...

Script yourself! You express yourself better in writing, right? So write it down, rehearse it so it doesn't look rehearsed (XD) and dare to stick to it! And also, don't worry. You might fuck up the first one or two, but then you get the hang of it and can improve the script. That's how it is with new things, can't be prefect at once. :P