The mad dream was easely put aside.
I had decided to take the dog. Then, today, I was called in to work and told I could get my old job back if I wanted it since my replacement wouldn't do what he was supposed to do. I don't want it back but I need to work so I offered a compromice; I'll work 'til they find someone more suitable and willing. I'll only be working two or three days a week anyway but still- that's full days and a dog would be home alone for more than eleven-twelve hours. No dog should have to live like that.
And I've decided that I want, and need, a dog. It doesn't matter that life will get a hell of a lot more complicated that way- since when did dog-friendly-work come by easy? But then, work don't come by easy at all so perhaps it makes little difference and I'll be occupied meanwhile.
At the moment I can't take on a dog because at the moment work will come first since the dog was just a pleasant dream not come true yet. I feel bad about it because he needs a home and I loved this particular dog by first sight though that's all it was. I've just seen him playing with other dogs, I don't know him but omg how much I want to get to know him! Perhaps that will never happen now but at the same time I can't help to feel that this happened for the best. This is a compromice between my wild heart and sensible brain too; I now know how bad I want a dog but this way it won't happen by impulse. Now I got time to plan for my future fourlegged companion and depending on how long this temporary re-employment lasts we'll see if it's sooner or later I'm with dog.
I'm still disapointed though. Extra cash might be all well and good but it's nothing compaired to companionship.
Over to something else;
Some Norwegian artist made a beautyqueen contest for amputated women. Amputated because of landmines. The price was some money and prosthesis for the winner. It felt wrong somehow but I couldn't put my finger on what but Trollhare makes it perfectly clear to me. One of those commenting on his input also sent a film form YouTube and I'll link it here too because it was very beautiful and expressed so many emotions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnLVRQCjh8c&feature=player_embedded
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar