tisdag, maj 04, 2010

23rd birthday

So now I'm twenty-three years old though I still feel like thirteen, like that growing up part just passed me by somehow even if my body went on matching the years. Well, sort of. In my mind I'm still just barely a teenager with the experience and independent life of a twenty-and-some-year-old. I'm like Peter Pan and Pinochio in one person since this is also my first birthday celebrated as Gabriel, by some at least ;)

I've had a rather exciteing weekend though. I've known for weeks that mom had planned something extra for me this year, just for the fun of it perhaps, but she wouldn't tell me what was going on. Nothing more than that I ought to bring fancy clothes and a swimsuit when I came home for the weekend. I sort of suspected something big coming up and that perhaps mom was not the only one participating in this little scheme but I could not know for certain.

Then on friday night my dear auntie was enquiering about some event or an other taking place up in Sundsvall that she clearly assumed I was taking part in. I knew nothing of what she refered to. For half a heartbeat I considered feigning I knew exactly in order to get to know more but decided against it. What? Ruining the fun for my dear mother? No way. So I admitted of being kept in the dark about the weekend events and she accordingly shut her mouth about it :P

Saturday morning came and we set out early mom and I (nine o'clock in the morning). She asked me to call one of my coisins and ask if she wanted to tag along for an adventure with fancy clothes and swimsuit; which she eagerly and unhesistantly accepted to. Was I amazed by her swift decision or suspicios? Anyway, we picked her up in the car and drove to the city of Sundsvall where our first stop was IKEA. There we had lunch while mom was teasing me and pretending to look out for people to join our party. Non came. Instead, at last, she brought out an envelope from her purse and gave it to me. It contained a noisy birthday-card with the tune I feel good I was hesistant about disturbing everyones lunch with and the menue for a dinner and show at the hotel on top of the mountain. The greatest and out of the ordinary birthday present I've ever had! (I also got Avatar the DVD!)

When we finally got up to the hotel some 2040 m above the Baltic sea (which one can gaze upon if you choose the right window/room) we started the evening with some relaxation at the spa. They've got four pools and both steam and ordinary saunas- but no swimming pool to streatch out in before settling down in one of them pools. Regarding the entry fee a swimming pool is not too much to ask for in my oppinion.
Then we ate. Fish, meat and dessert; all tasting wonderfully but we had to wait a looooong while between the courses of some unexplained reason. Too sad.
The show later on was great though. The legends, Henrik Åberg, Jerry Carlsson and Johnny Duvert that immitates Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis and Roy Orbison- just the type of music and entertainment I love!

This was the best birthday ever! It exhausted me though and now I'm sporting a cold. It was worth it, every last minute of it ;D

Inga kommentarer: